I left my classes today realizing that I have one week left with my students. For as much as I was bitching about my first hour class in the beginning, I've grown unbearably fond of every one of them. I'm going to miss the shit out of them when they're gone. They are all unbelievably intelligent people, and 100% unique from one another. I watch them absorb what I teach them and use it in conversation and I am so proud of them. Sometimes I'll teach a lesson and then have them do exercises on their own. When they read them aloud, everyone will be flawless, and I feel like squeezing all of their faces off.
It's likely I'll end up teaching them again over their further courses, but I'm sure a few I won't see again and that's just plain depressing. I find it hard to believe that I'm going to have to deal with this feeling every 7 weeks. I'm sure I'll become numb to it eventually, but right now it's horrific.
As if things weren't rotten enough, my roommate informed me yesterday that he might be moving to Ciudad Juarez in November for work. This creates a few different scenarios:
I stay where I'm at where it's furnished and I'm comfortable with the routine, but I'll have to seek more work to make up for my roommate's financial contributions.
I move in with this girl who was severely in love with me, because she has a place and I would be paying less there. Problem is I rejected her as she made an advance, and I know she's going to hold that over my head if I take it up. Plus, it'll just be strange.
I move into an unfurnished place near downtown where the rent is dirt cheap but there's no furniture and Heaven only knows what kind of neighborhood it will be.
It's not a for sure thing, I guess, but he seemed pretty tickled by the idea of moving closer to the United States in order to facilitate his English learning. I can only hope he changes his mind so I don't have to deal with the whole fiasco. I rather like my dingy little neighborhood, and I can hardly wrap my brain around trying to figure out a new bus route. For now I'm going to stick my head in the sand away from reality and pray it just goes away and he decides Chihuahua is where his heart is. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment